Lately my chairmate and I got a task from French class to make a presentation about interesting places
And we choose New York City!
"City that never sleep. New York is one stop entertainment city! I love New York"
" New York concrete jungle where dreams are made of
There's nothing you can't do
Now you're in New York
These street will make you feel brand new
The light will inspire you
Let's hear it from New York, New York, New York"
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys
New York city or many people called it the "Big Apple" or "City That Never Sleep" is one of the famous metropolitan city in the world. Located on one of the world's largest harbors, New York City consists of five boroughs which were consolidated in 1898: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan,Queens, and Staten Island.
New York also have a significant impact and contribution to global commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology, education, and entertainment.
I don't know whether it's right or not, but I've ever read in a book that New York have a unique rules, such as :
1. You are not allowed to ware sandals after 10 pm
2. A man isn't allowed to ware un-matching top and trouser
3. A man isn't allowed to go out in the city without top cloth
4. Do not eat while swimming in ocean
5. Do not sip a soup
6. Do not greet someone while picking your nose
So keep these rules in your mind when someday you go to NYC hehe
Just like Empire State of Mind song said "There's nothing you can't do" in New York
So there are tons so great and fun things to do in NYC...
1. Picnic and ride horse-drawn carriage in Central Park
2. Watch shows in Broadway. Look for the cheap ticket at Time Square. Ticket price: $35-$150
3. Have a stroll while see New York harbor at Brooklyn Bridge
4. Ice skating in Byant Park or Rockfeller Center
5. Watch art shows or concert in Apolo Theater
6. See the beauty of New York view on the top of Empire State Building
7. Watch street basketball games in Rockers or West 4th Street
8. For NBA fans you should watch live games in Madison Square
9. Took ferry boat tour to see Liberty Statue on Ellis Island. Ticket price: $12
For shopaholic you can shop 'till you drop in SoHo, Madison Avenue, Macy's Departement Store, or Bloomingdale's
And for food lovers you have to try these places that have great food
1. Katz's Delicatessen at Lower East Side. They sell different type of delicious sandwich. Fresh made sandwich is very recommended.
2. Juniors Bakery in Brooklyn is famous for their cheese cake, such as: Red velvet cheese cake and Devil's food cheese cake.
3. Patsy's Pizza Shop in Upper East Side. Patsy's crust is very recommended!
4. Hot Dog or Diner that you can find around the city. Hot dog cart can find anywhere, of course it sells hot dog with different type of sausages. Diner is place when you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Usually they sell pancakes, waffles, omelets, etc.
Well hope someday I'll be there, and you too
To enjoy the amazing New York!